Oracle R12 General Ledger New Features for Experienced 11i Users Course Overview
This Oracle R12 General Ledger New Features for Experienced 11i Users course is designed to give delegates practical experience of implementing and using the new features
available in the Oracle R12 General Ledger module. Delegates will learn how to implement the new features introduced in R12 General Ledger
such as Primary and Secondary Ledgers, Reporting Currencies, Ledger Sets and Data and Definition Access Sets.
By the end of the Oracle R12 General Ledger New Features for Experienced 11i Users course, delegates will be able to identify and implement the key implementation and setup issues of the Oracle General Ledger.
Who will the Course Benefit?
This Oracle R12 General Ledger New Features for Experienced 11i Users course is designed for managers in a finance department who need to set up and implement the Oracle General Ledger
or systems administrators who need to carry out both initial set up and ongoing maintenance tasks. It would also suit delegates who currently work with
Oracle General Ledger who wish to gain a greater appreciation of its available functionality.
Our Oracle R12 courses and labs are based on Oracle Financials 12.1.3 software using the standard Oracle Vision database.
The delegate will learn and acquire skills as follows:
- Defining Ledgers and Ledger Sets
- Defining Primary Ledgers
- Setting up and using reporting currencies
- Defining Secondary Ledgers
- Defining data access sets
- Defining and assigning definition access sets
- Defining flexfield qualifiers
- Generating the General Ledger flexfield
- Performing account analysis and drilldown
- Performing journal reconciliation processes
- Working with the Journal Wizard
- Working with the Budget Wizard
- Manual journal entry new features
Oracle R12 General Ledger New Features for Experienced 11i Users Training Course
- Administration and Course Materials
- Course Structure and Agenda
- Delegate and Trainer Introductions
Session 1: OVERVIEW OF THE NEW GENERAL LEDGER FEATURES
- Overview of the Oracle R12 New General Ledger Features
Session 2: DEFINE A CHART OF ACCOUNTS
- Ledgers and Ledger sets
- Primary and Secondary Ledgers
- Legal Entities
- Create a New Accounting Setup with the Accounting Setup Manager
- Define a Ledger
- Define a Ledger Set
- New Reporting Currency Features
- Define Data Access Sets
- Define and Assign Definition Access sets
- New Flexfield Qualifiers Features
- Generate the GL Ledger Flexfield
- Define Intercompany Accounts
- Define Intercompany Balancing Rules
Session 3: NEW JOURNAL FEATURES
- Manual Journal Entry New features
- Account Analysis and Drilldown
- Journal Reconciliation Processes
Session 4: WEB ADI
- Use the Journal Wizard to Enter and Upload a Journal
- Use the Budget Wizard to Enter and Upload Budgets
- Use the Currency Rates Manager to Enter and Upload Exchange Rate information
Session 5: GL SETUP EXERCISES
- Course technical content is subject to change without notice.
- Course content is structured as sessions, this does not strictly map to course timings. Concepts, content and practicals often span sessions.
Delegates should be experienced users of Oracle 11i General Ledger.
Public Scheduled Events
Classroom & Live Virtual Instructor-Led Training
Please contact us to review your requirements and schedule a date.